Friday, August 26, 2011

Different Classes of Proteins

The deer in the picture is twisting its neck, showing that they have muscles having contractile proteins such as myosin, etc.

Odocoileus virginianus

Location: Westborough, MA (It came near the kitchen window so I started chasing it, and it took me in the forest near my apartment.)





Egg whites have ovalbumin, a storage protein.

Location: Westborough, MA












This rabbit has fur, which contains keratin, a type of structural protein.

Sylvilagus floridanus

Location: Westborough, MA (Outside the windows of my house)






The cheek cells in this picture are surrounded by saliva, which contains the enzymatic protein amylase.

Stratified Squamous Epithelium

Location: Westborough, MA (Picture taken from my microscope)




Red blood cells have hemoglobin, which is a transport protein.

Erythrocytes


No comments:

Post a Comment